Candida Secrets
≡ Menu

Is Threelac Safe and Effective?

Enterococci in Threelac

Threelac is one of the most popular Candida treatment products on the market today, but I have some serious questions about its safety.

I tried the product myself a couple years ago and had a very negative experience. I developed what I believe was a bacterial infection. It gave me a high fever, sore throat, chills, shivers, shakes, sweats, and a severe vaginal yeast infection.

My adult son tried it as well and he got much sicker than I did. His fever was very high, sore throat, chills, migraine, and sweats. He tells me he was so sick he couldn’t get out of bed for two days.

I was rather perplexed and quite disappointed in our experience because I had heard such great things about it and I was really hopeful that it was going to be effective. Before buying the product, I had done a little research, and at the time, I couldn’t find any bad reviews about it.

At first, I thought our experience was unique, so I just chalked it up to our body chemistry for the time being. However, as time went on I discovered more facts that raised quite a few questions.

Over at curezone.com Candida forum I found quite a few people who shared bad experiences and opinions about the product and some even feel it is a scam.

The most disturbing fact I stumbled upon is that Threelac contains a bacteria called Enterococcus faecalis. This is an opportunistic gram-positive bacterium that can make you very sick. A lot of countries, like Australia and Canada, don’t allow products that contain this bacteria in their country. Enterococci are consistently the second or third most common culprit in urinary tract infections, wound infections, and bacteremia in hospitals and are involved in a significant percent of endocarditis. You can learn more about Enterococcus faecalis on the following page.

There’s a great deal of disagreement in the alternative health field over this ingredient and proponents of Threelac argue that they use a different strain that is supposedly not harmful. Well, my feeling is that even if that’s true, I wouldn’t want to take the risk of any strain. My own experience proved to me that my body developed an infection.

I decided that people should really know that not everyone is having great experiences with Threelac and I posted my review of Threelac on my site so that people could hear both sides of the story and make an informed decision.

After I posted my review on my site, I started to get quite a few customers who shared with me that they got very sick from taking Threelac. I also get a lot of emails from people who thank me for sharing my honest experience and say they have experienced the same thing.

Last week I received an email from someone who says that when they started taking Threelac it gave them stabbing pain in their perineum, the shakes and shivers, sweating, inability to sleep, burning throat and burning in the left eye. Not only that, after they stopped taking it, the symptoms continued. They can’t make it go away.

I find this very disturbing. What the heck is going on here? Why is it that some people have no negative reactions and other people have violent reactions?

Well, I still believe it basically boils down to body chemistry and vulnerability. I think it depends on how severe you’re Candida overgrowth is and how susceptible you are to not only the bacteria that is in the product, but also the yeast and sugars which are added to feed the bacteria. It appears that some bodies, perhaps ones that have a weaker immune system, leaky gut, or a less functional liver are prone to develop an infection when exposed to this bacteria, while other people with a stronger constitution may have no problem.

Proponents of the product feel the negative symptoms must be die-off, but I disagree. I’ve been dealing with Candida for more than 20 years and I’ve taken about every product out there and endured some horrific die-off, but I have never experienced what I felt with this product. What I had was clearly a bacterial infection.

Additionally, I received an email from another holistic health professional who had the same experience as mine and she told me that Threelac’s own information states that the product should not be used if you have leaky gut syndrome. I don’t have a package of Threelac to read and verify if that’s true, but if it is, that’s absurd. Almost anyone with severe Candida overgrowth has leaky gut syndrome. She concluded that the leaky gut allows the bacteria in Threelac to enter the bloodstream and becomes pathogenic at that point. Which sounds like another logical explanation.

I don’t recommend Threelac to anyone, because I think it’s better to be safe than sorry. Maybe you’ll be one of those who will be okay with it and maybe you won’t. I would exercise extreme caution before giving it a try, but that’s my particular preference. However, you’ll find many holistic and alternative health practitioners who do recommend it freely.

I recommend caution not only in regard to Threelac but any new product you haven’t tried. Always do a little research and see what other people saying. The alternative health field is not immune to scams or ineffective treatment. Unfortunately, the fact that so many people are now taking an interest in alternative and holistic medicine, this makes it even more vulnerable. I’m not saying that is the case with this particular product, I’m just saying that it’s always best to be an aware and informed consumer regardless of what product you’re considering.

If you need more personal help dealing with any aspect of Candida, I offer consultations by phone. You can find out more by visiting my counseling page.

You may also want to look at my newest book on Candida, which is now available in paperback and goes into great detail about probiotics.

Alternatively, I have a handy little ebook called Candida Secrets that covers all the basics and comes with recipes, meal plans, and tips for staying on the diet.

How about you, has it made you sick? Do you have a Threelac experience you’d like to share? Leave your comments below.

Holistic Health Coaching with Cynthia

{ 168 comments… add one }
  • Vanessa de la cruz September 21, 2008, 2:36 pm

ok so ive read your information on threelac and im so glad i did, i was just about to buy it. My question to you now is what can i do without taking this, i was diagnosed with cfs, i have the usual headaches and pains tinnitus ect, so what can i try that is safe? Kind regards vanessa

• Admin - Cynthia Perkins September 26, 2008, 10:40 am

Hi Vanessa,

Overcoming yeast requires more than just taking something. Visit the Candida section of my website. It has a whole lot of information about what to do.

Alternatively, my Ebook called Candida Secrets, gives you a comprehensive blueprint on all the important steps that should be taken.

Best of luck.

• Neil November 25, 2008, 3:53 am

Hi Cynthia
    I really appreciate your honest and clear thoughts on three lac. I tryed it about a year ago and found neither good nor bad reaction. I was doubtful of it’s effectiveness to begin with so…I quit. I have learned a lot about intestinal flora and immune responses in the last couple of years. I had (and perhaps still have) a bacterial infection comprised of Blasto. Hominis, and Dientamoeba Fragilis. In my research on this problem it became pretty clear that one does not have Candida in isolation. If you’ve got Candida you’ve got an imbalance throughout your digestive system. Different flora reacts / processes incoming substances differently. It seems likely to me that some common combination of flora (good and or bad) turns three lac into poison. I’ve also read that one is not to take antifungals with three lac because it kills the active bacteria in the product. Maybe it doesn’t kill all the bacteria and as a result throws the balance out. There are so many variables and so much to lose when taking a potentially lethal strain of bacteria (Enterococcus Faecalis) that I agree whole heartedly with your recommendation. Avoid Three Lac or at the very least be careful….

• Admin - Cynthia Perkins November 26, 2008, 1:01 pm

Hi Neil,

Thanks for you thoughts. Yes, there are many variables to consider and Candida definitely is accompanied by an imbalance in the digestive system.

• Teri December 5, 2008, 12:59 am

I just now ran across your site trying to find out if anyone else had a bad reaction to Threelac. I received my Threelac a little over a week ago and anxiously began taking it. The first day was okay, but then for the next week to follow I had THE WORST headache everyday, coupled with MORE brain fog. ( didn’t think that was possible!) I also experienced body and muscle weakness to go with it. I was told this was probably “die-off” and to stick with it, as it would pass. I also have to add that I was alot more moody so I opted to lay off of it for a couple of days and try it in a day or two. Wondering if this was an allergic reaction because I have been diagnosed with leaky-gut syndrome. Today I didn’t take it and did not have a headache. Thinking if it was “die-off” I should have still experienced a headache today. Any comments or advice would be welcomed. Thanks.

• Admin - Cynthia Perkins December 8, 2008, 10:42 pm

Hi Teri,

Well that’s the problem, it is sometimes hard to tell if it is die off or a negative reaction. Your particular symptoms do sound more like die off than what I experienced and what I ‘ve had other people share with me, but there is no way to tell for sure.

If the symptoms you are experiencing are typical symptoms you usually experience with more intensity, then it could be die off. If they are an entirely new set of symptoms then I would tend to believe it isn’t die off.

However, an important point to keep in mind in regard to die off— a little die off is a good thing, but a lot of die off is not a good thing. If you overload your body with die off toxins, the liver can’t detox them quickly enough so you just end up sicker. This is not healthy either.

You can minimize die off with high doses of Vitamin C, enemas and exercise. However if die off continues to be severe I feel it’s best to either cut back on the antifungal or find one that isn’t quite as strong.

• Threelac sufferer December 21, 2008, 9:22 am

Yes, Threelac has given me chronic fatigue and a whole bunch of other sideeffects like rashes skin disease, indigestion etc. These side effects never happened to me taking other probiotics. If you notice it says on the carton (Not approved by the FDA) but it is still in the market. I blame it on the same bacilus f. strain which is actually a pathogen. Threelac uses this strain and its side effects to make people think that the candida is going through Die Off reaction. but in reality its just your immune system trying to fight off the pathogen in it. I want to personally sue this company along with others that have been harmed by it. Pllease email me if interested.

• Don Forum February 3, 2009, 11:59 am

I LOVE threelac and am ordering more of it this morning. I have gotten relief from candida using this product and I would reccomend it to anybody that is suffuring from yeast. I didn’t feel worse taking it…I feel real good taking it. I am going into my 3 month of twice daily use and I take 2 whole packets a day, right from the start. My itchy skin, my brain fog and my little aches that travel around my body have pretty much disappeared.

• Matthew February 22, 2009, 5:10 pm

I really could use some help. I’ve been experiencing severe bloating and flatulance, seeminlgy provoked by any carbohydrate – I never used to have a problem. For the last 2 years I’ve been very anxious and depressed, my mind feels slower than usual. My energy levels are very unstable, some days I can’t stay awake. My tongue has a white lining even though I don’t smoke. What should I do, I wanted to try Threelac but now this site has me worried?

• Admin - Cynthia Perkins February 22, 2009, 8:33 pm

Hi Matthew,

Well remember what I pointed out in the post — that not everyone has a bad experience. I hear a wide range of experiences about this product. Some people see no results or symptoms at all, some people feel better and some people get really sick.

That is the usually the case with any treatment product. It largely depends on body chemistry, the level of health of the individual and how many different conditions one may be dealing with.

This is also true of any health condition, not just Candida. What works for one doesn’t always work for another. It takes trial and error.

From what I hear from others, it appears that Threelac is most effective and tolerable for those who aren’t very sick.

However, there are many different antifungals, besides Threelac, that are effective against Candida and many steps one can take to find relief.

I have at least 10 pages of free information on my site that can be found by starting on this page.

You can usually see drastic improvements in your symptoms, by making simple changes in the diet, like removing sugar, refined foods, caffeine and high carbohydrate foods.

Additionally, I have a very affordable Ebook that provides a blueprint of all the steps needed to address Candida that can be found at this link.

Best Cynthia

• Angela February 23, 2009, 5:36 pm

My daughter took this product in December 2005. First the ThreeLac gave her a sore throat, fatigue and soreness. It then became worse and she began urinating with blood in it. She was hospitalized and it gave her severe renal failure. I would like to know if anyone else has experienced kidney issues with use of ThreeLac.

• Matthew February 24, 2009, 9:00 am

Hi Cynthia,

thanks for the swift relpy. Ok, so I went on a website that promotes Threelac and argued the point you raised. Their response is this: Threelac uses a non pathogenic strain of the questionable bacteria. And that people suffering severe illness or renal failure in the case above have had severe candida overgrowth. They say the threelac is in fact so effective that the body is being overwhelmed with toxins as the candida die, so much so that the kidney’s cannot function… does this sound like rubbish to you… what other probiotics help? Should I take Candex, an enzyme as opposed to probiotic?

• Sophie February 24, 2009, 5:07 pm

I’ve had a problem with candida for at least a few years now. I started taking threelac (one sachet per day) last week and a couple of days later I developed a pain in my lower back. I thought it was my kidneys working overtime and hadn’t experienced any other ‘die-off’ symptoms. However my lower back pain is still there, along with fever and pain passing water. I’m drinking LOADS of water to compensate but now I’m freaking out that I could end up with serious kidney problem after earlier post. I’m on prescribed antibiotics now but feel a bit like a fool if I’ve done this to myself! Apart from this, threelac was already starting to help, I felt like ‘brain fog’ was starting to lift and had loads more energy. I don’t know what to do now.

• Admin - Cynthia Perkins February 24, 2009, 11:19 pm

Yeah, Matthew, I know that proponents of Threelac say it is a non pathogenic strain, but my personal opinion is that I don’t want to be
    exposed to any strain.

I know that proponents of Threelac say that it is die off that causes these unusual and sometimes dangerous symptoms, but I disagree. As I said previously, I’ve had a lot of die off in my life, and what I experienced with Threelac was not die off.

However, I can’t say for sure that is not the case all the time. I’m not here to bash Threelac. I’m here to educate and help people make informed choices. I’m just saying, do your research and be careful.

It is true that some people have organs and detoxification systems that can’t handle die off. Die off most certainly can overwhelm and incapacitate. However, I’ve never experienced nor heard from anyone else that they have experienced, the kinds of symptoms and extreme severity that are experienced with Threelac, with any other Candida product.

However, even if that were the case, it is dangerous and not healthy to overload the body with die off toxins. Die off should be kept to a minimum and steps should be taken to minimize it’s impact on the body. If a product produces severe die off that incapacitates, I discontinue it or cut down the dosage.

Another explanation is that the strain of bacteria in Threelac is toxic to some people. Not all people — but some people. That is my opinion. This may be because our livers, kidneys, colon, gut and other detoxification organs are too damaged, we have a weaker immune system, something in our body chemistry makes us more vulnerable to this bacteria or some unknown factor.

Regardless of the reason why, the fact remains that some people get very sick with this product.

I tried Candex and saw absolutely no results at all. It didn’t make me sick, but it didn’t help either. Some people tell me that Candex has been helpful, while other people tell me it did nothing.

There are many different kinds of probiotics and antifungals, you’ll need to do your homework and try some out for yourself to see what works best for you, but overcoming Candida overgrowth requires a lot more than just taking a probiotic. As I mentioned, I’ve already written about this topic extensively. You can find the information by following the links I provided in my previous post.

Best

• Admin - Cynthia Perkins February 24, 2009, 11:37 pm

Hi Sophie,

Sounds like you may have developed a urinary tract infection. Is that why you’re taking an antibiotic?

Could be a variety of reasons this happened. Could be that Candida moved into your urinary tract when you were trying to kill it. Could be die off. Could be that the bacteria in Threelac caused the infection or made the Candida proliferate.

There’s no way to know for sure. I’d see a good holistic medical doctor and have kidneys and everything checked out. Then I’d try some different antifungals.

No need to feel foolish. Don’t beat yourself up. Believe me, most of us have been there in one way or another. You had no way of knowing and were trying to do a good thing. Just remember to be careful in the future.

Best

• Admin - Cynthia Perkins February 24, 2009, 11:41 pm

Hi Angela,

Thanks for sharing your story. I’m so sorry about your daughter. That’s horrible. Hope she’s doing better.

Best

• Admin - Cynthia Perkins February 24, 2009, 11:49 pm

Hi Threelac sufferer.

Sorry you went through such a bad time. Yes, the symptoms with Threelac are completely different than any die off I’ ve ever had and that is the case with most people who have a hard time with it.

However, the fact that it’s not FDA approved is not really an issue. Most natural or alternative health treatment methods are not approved by the FDA. FDA approval doesn’t really mean much. They approve things that are really harmful and ban things that are really effective. So I wouldn’t let that be a determining factor in making decisions.

Best

• Sophie February 26, 2009, 5:59 pm

Thanks for your reply Cynthia. I’m on anti-biotics because of UTI but I’m trying to take them for as little as possible so don’t make situation worse.

This probably sounds silly but I suppose you don’t recommend taking any more threelac?! I think I know myself it’s not good but feel like it’s such an uphill struggle to overcome candida.

• Admin - Cynthia Perkins February 27, 2009, 12:31 pm

Hi Sophie,

Yeah, I thought so. Well, we do want to avoid antibiotics unless absolutely essential, but sometimes we have no choice. A uti can travel into the kidneys, so it must be treated. There are some natural remedies like cranberry and baking soda that can assist with uti’s as well, that you might want to read up on.

I’m sorry I can’t tell you whether you should try Threelac again or not. That’s a decision you will have to make yourself.

I can tell you, that if it were me, I would not take it again. It’s too risky. Anytime a product gives me serious or overwhelming symptoms I discontinue it’s use. It means one of two things, either something in the product is causing the symptoms directly or my body can’t handle the healing crises. Either way it’s not healthy.

Best

• Admin - Cynthia Perkins February 27, 2009, 2:53 pm

P.S. Sophie

I also encourage you to follow your gut or your inner voice. Sometimes our desperation to get better leads us to go against what our inner wisdom may be telling us.

• Karen March 14, 2009, 2:25 pm

Cynthia,

I’ve been taking Threelac and a host of other products from the sellers of Threelac, designed to compliment Threelac, for almost 2 weeks now. I had a few days of feeling better — could have been a placebo effect — then several days of not much change, and yesterday I had a day of very uncomfortable nausea. From reading your website and your blog and all of the comments on your blog, I think that I am just experiencing die off. However, I must say that your blog and everyone’s comments have scared me quite a bit.

I actually started poking around on the internet looking for info on one of the complimentary products, and that’s when I stumbled onto your website.

I’m not sure what I’m going to do going forward. I am taking two packets of Threelac daily, and I’m thinking that my nausea yesterday was caused by the complimentary product.

I hear you saying that different people react differently to different products, and it also sounds like most of you who had serious side effects had a reaction almost immediately. Have you heard of folks who did OK on Threelac and THEN developed serious reactions?

I need to consider my options. Thank you.

• Admin - Cynthia Perkins March 15, 2009, 9:41 am

Hi Karen,

No, I’m sorry, I personally haven’t heard from anyone who has been okay at first and then had a reaction, but that doesn’t mean it hasn’t happened. I’m a pretty small fish in a big sea.

In my opinion, I think serious reactions are likely to be experienced a lot sooner than two weeks, but I can’t say for sure.

Could be die off or could be the complimentary product, as well. You’ll just have to monitor your progress, weigh things out and go from there.

Best

• Jodi McCormick March 26, 2009, 3:17 am

I tried threelac and stayed awake for 16 nights.
    Also I developed a bladder infection that I believe was caused by it.

• Adrianna March 31, 2009, 7:58 pm

Hi Cynthia & everyone –

I read your article and Review and also all the posts above – I guess I’m one of the lucky few that had a good reaction to Threelac, (finally something worked for me)! A friend gave me a week’s worth of packets to try and I didn’t have any bad reactions to it; in fact I started feeling a tiny bit better (mood and energy) within 2-3 days of taking it. I’m so glad I finally found something that works! I’ve been very sick for over three years now and have not been able to work for over a year, obviously resulting in serious financial problems.

If anyone that does not like their Threelac is willing to donate their remaining packets to me, (instead of throwing away) I would be more than glad to accept it. Threelac is expensive, I’m extremely tight on finances and can’t afford to buy it. I would really appreciate it.
    Just email me and I’ll send you my address.

Thank you very much.
    (I only request that it not be past the exp. date – I can’t afford to get any sicker. Thanks!)

• Vanessa April 5, 2009, 8:54 pm

Threelac flared up my autoimmune disease to the point that I was completely out of it for several days, I tried tiny doses of it on several occasions but for whatever reason, it made me very ill, It took several days for me to get back to my usual subpar state (which is better than the really horrible state it put me in),

• Isabella April 10, 2009, 3:03 pm

Hello, I began taking Threelac about a week ago, and seem to feel better than usual, although I have severe itchiness that started mostly with my nose and head, and after a week, has gotten increasingly worse and while still mostly on my nose, face and head, I am itching all over. I called the company and they stated that this is a normal reaction. I wonder if you’ve heard this particulair complaint regarding this product and if so, any advice on something to counter-act this? I plan to call the company back today to ask this question as well, but figured it couldn’t hurt to put it out here as well. I’m hesitant to stop taking it, as I have noticed some positive effects as well and don’t want to have to start all over again if this itchiness is something that will soon go away.

Thanks,

Isabella

• Admin - Cynthia Perkins April 13, 2009, 12:03 am

Hi Isabella,

No, I haven’t heard of this particular side effect, but that doesn’t mean it’s not happening.

It is possible that it’s die off, but there’s no way to know for sure. If it is die off, then it should subside shortly.

It’s also possible it’s a reaction to the bacteria, the yeast or the sugar that’s in Threelac. If that’s the case, it won’t get better with time.

If it is die off, the symptoms might be relieved with high doses of buffered vitamin c powder. Activated charcoal or bentonite clay may help as well, as they absorb the toxins.

• Caren April 15, 2009, 9:33 pm

Hello. My two oldest children are sensitive to just about every food on the planet. After years of searching for help with this issue we discovered an acupuncture treatment that eliminates the sensitivity. Unfortunately it is costly and must be done one food at a time (but it worked so we were game). After a year and a half of regular treatments we felt we were done and began looking at other aspects of their health in order to address the few remaining physical symptoms. On the recommendation of a friend we gave them ThreeLac. They took one pack a day for almost three weeks and then instantly all of the acupuncture treatments came undone!

I am wondering if anyone had a similar experience or any thoughts on why this might have occurred? Not sure if this was a reaction to “die-off” or what? Which makes me also wonder if we need to continue on with the ThreeLac or not (we have stopped for now)?

Thanks,
    Caren

• Julie May 21, 2009, 1:06 pm

I am glad I found this website. I have been doing so much extensive reading about ThreeLac and was desperate to fix my problem. I still am. I don’t like the idea of cutting out every single problematic food. I know my body can’t possibly be allergic to everything I’m supposed to stay off of when doing the Candida diet. To be honest, it’s pretty ridiculous to cut out all of those foods. And it’s so ridiculously expensive.

However, this site WILL make me keep looking at more info about ThreeLac. I started thinking it might be a God send, but I need more research first. I was curious if you have heard of anyone initially starting the program on ONLY the ThreeLac product and not the accompanying ones they try to sell you with it… and perhaps instead of starting so ‘hot and heavy’ with multiple packets a day… what about one instead, if you think you might have bad reactions? I was thinking that might be a good way to test it, and also with a 60 day money back guarantee that gives you a little time to truly see if there’s improvement.

On another note, I notice alot of people wound up getting UTI’s from using it. I used to be horribly prone to UTI’s (nevermind sinus infection of which I’ve been suffering from a chronic one for years now). I’ve unfortunately also had a kidney infection, and when I look back, every single little problem I ever had growing up, was treated with antibiotics AND prednisone. When I see how horribly that probably screwed up my health, I find myself pretty livid that my doctor would dare repeat and repeat and repeat those things. Don’t they teach them in medical school about side effects, or effects of repeated usage? Geez.

However, I was able to take the reins on one of these issues, with great success thus far. My last bladder infection was over 5 years ago. When I had it, I unfortunately did take antibiotics and prednisone. Once it was gone, however, I decided “this is it, these are horrible!” and knew I couldn’t keep suffering from them. It was actually something really simple that fixed it for me. Of course I’m a natural water lover, but I now am sure to never have more than one glass of something “else”. I don’t drink soda’s often, or highly sugary drinks, but if I am ever in the mood just one is all I have. Really I don’t feel a sacrifice since I like water anyway. But here’s what I did, for all your readers with UTI’s. Since mine were so repetitive and aggravating and it seemed I’d have them for life, I found cranberry pills. There’s a natural company called Melaleuca, and they have inexpensive chewable cranberry pills. They are actually quite yummy – fruity and a little tart!- and I take one of them every single night and am sure to have at least a little water before bed. When I wake up, I use the bathroom with no problems at all, and that has worked for me for five years. It’s a yummy, easy, and effective remedy for at least myself, in eliminating bladder infections.

Thanks for all your information… I’m off to read more!

• heike May 28, 2009, 4:22 pm

i just read all the reviews, okay this my story, a few years ago i thought i was lactose intolerant and stopped any dairy product, first i felt better than starting getting worse. i ended up with a lot of bloating, no energy and more. i have to say i love sweets and often i had a craving for it or fruits and often i felt shaky and craved for carbs. Recently over a weekend i felt better, hm, why?? i fdid not had any sweets and barely carbs, i was for over 3 days gluten free, just corn tortillas, rice ,veggies and meat. then i found out about candida. so this is what works for me and makes me feel better, every morning and night 1 teaspoon of L-glutamine in a glas of water and i take now 10 billion probiotics[ 3 capsules] you have to start with a lower dose of probiotics because of the die -off, i started around 4 billion and only the 4 billion and the l-glutamine made me feel worse for a few days- just like in the books 🙂 . so this was the start ,gluten and yeast free, dairy free ,no fruits,no sweets ,no vinegar ,pretty much only meats, eggs, fish, veggies, yes i did corn tortillas, rice, apple cider vinegar[ is actually good for you] in salads. Now i can eat kind of normal after about 3-4 weeks , but ! this is the deal not much of the other stuff, so if i had a gluten free cereal w/ soymilk , i can have for lunch a wheat sandwich and for dinner i eat meat stirfry and rice. i started even eating some sweets or fruits, but in moderation, so 2 -3 pieces of chocolate is fine but if i eat close to a half bar like last night – not good ! 🙂 i also bought virgin unrefined coconut oil, supposed to take a table spoon twice a day. so with l-glutamine , probiotics and coconut oil, i hope can eat normal, but not over doing eat with the no no foods :). i also think that the candida got stronger because of the imbalance ,yeast versus probiotics, since i had been cutting probiotics out of my live for a couple years.
    so if you don’t want threelac, maybe the L-glutamine[ heals the intestinal tissue ] the probiotics[ buy the refrigerated kind and at least 4 billion and more than 3 probiotic strains- i have right now 3.4 billion per capsule and take 3 of them twice a day, with 6 beneficial probiotic strains] and the virgin! unrefined! coconut oil works for you.

• Admin - Cynthia Perkins June 4, 2009, 10:37 am

Hi Julie,

Yes, if you take a look at my original review of Threelac found at this link

you’ll see that both my son and I were taking a very reduced amount of Threelac. Both of us were only taking about 1/4 of a package. Neither one of us were taking any of the complimentary products.

The diet is the most important aspect when trying to overcome Candida overgrowth. Food allergy or sensitivity is only one aspect of why the diet is changed. When addressing Candida, the main reason the diet is changed is because it’s important not to eat foods that feed Candida. So the main goal in removing so many foods is not to address allergy, but because so many foods make Candida proliferate. It is impossible to reduce Candida without eliminating the most common foods that feed yeast like white flour, sugar, yeast, wheat, all refined carbs, alcohol, dairy and caffeine. Complex carbs must reduced as well, because they too break down into sugar in the body and make Candida proliferate. No it isn’t very easy or pleasant. Most people don’t like it, but it isn’t ridiculous. It’s crucial if one wants to make progress. Not only that, these types of foods are not only unhealthy in regard to Candida, they also play a major role in obesity, heart disease, addiction, diabetes type 2, depression, anxiety and many more.

Most people don’t want to give up these foods, because they are addicted to them. So that is why Threelac is so appealing to most people. They claim you don’t have to follow the diet. That advice is not only preposterous, it is irresponsible. If anyone wants to make improvements in their health, the diet must be changed.

Yes, many people find cranberry effective for UTIS. Thanks for sharing that.

• Admin - Cynthia Perkins June 4, 2009, 10:44 am

Hi Heike,

Thanks for sharing your experiences, I”m glad you’re finding something that works for you. However here’s a couple things everyone should keep in mind…

What is helpful for one person is not always helpful for another. It’s really a matter of body chemistry. There are many different factors to take into consideration such as: how much Candida overgrowth one has, which strain of Candida they have, how well the liver and detoxification system is functioning, how the well the colon is functioning, the overall health of the individual, what nutritional deficiencies each person has and the health and functionality of the organs. Each of these factors will play a role in what treatment approach is helpful or not. For example, someone with mild Candida may feel better with a particular herb, while for another it makes them terribly ill, because their liver may not be able to process it.

Glutamine is an amino acid. Amino acid supplementation can be of great benefit to our health, however care should be taken and each person needs to do their homework for their body. Each amino acid has an impact on all the others and they are all dependent on one another to function properly. By supplementing the body with just one it may throw all the others off balance and cause other problems. Although you may be getting some relief initially, it could cause more problems down the road. Additionally, high doses of glutamine without other balanced nutrients can be hard on the kidneys and result in constipation. Sometimes a deficiency in glutamine occurs because there are deficiencies in other crucial amino acids, vitamins or other co-factors, so the most effective method for addressing the need for more glutamine may actually lie in taking several other amino acids or a combination of nutrients that will naturally increase the production of glutamine.

The best approach is to have an amino acid lab test performed that will tell you which amino acids your body needs so you can take a combination that promotes balance and addresses all the issues your body has without creating more.

It has also been found that some people don’t tolerate high doses of glutamine because it may increase ammonia in the body as it is converted to glutamate. This can be addressed by taking a combination of amino acids designed for this problem, particularly alpha-ketoglutaric acid. But again it’s important to remember that “balance” is the key word and what works for one does not necessarily work for another.

Although some people may see some improvements in symptoms with the use of just probiotics and glutamine, not everyone will and those that do are not likely to see the long-term ability to keep Candida overgrowth under control, because there are too many other nails in the shoe that must be tended to. It must be combined with a comprehensive approach that addresses all the issues.

Another word of caution with coconut oil. Yes, it is a healthy food and it appears to have anti-fungal properties for some people, but again, this is very individual. It is also very high in fat. If you have a gallbladder problem it can make you very nauseous and trigger a pretty severe gallbladder attack. If you don’t have gallbladder problems, it has many health benefits.

• White June 6, 2009, 4:01 am

I’ve literally just ordered some ThreeLac and then found this blog and glad that I did.
    I’m not too concerned with some short-term side effects (like what you would experience with die off) but now I’m concerned about doing some long term damage to my body. I am a Type 1 Diabetic and also suffer from a lot of the symptoms that ThreeLac proposes to assit with – chronic sinusitis, persistent chest infections, bloating and gassiness.
    Do you think it would be too much of a risk to try ThreeLac considering that I have Diabetes? Or are these things totally unrelated. I don’t have any history of kidney damage/infections.

• sal June 7, 2009, 8:31 pm

I can tell anyone considering taking three lac or five lac or any other of the lacs on the market that before I took the product, all I had was some bloating and a white tounge which was due to Candida, after taking the product I became terribly ill, never having had an allergic reaction to any type of food before, after 3 weeks of using this product, I developed the most hideous case of food allergies know to man, no longer could I eat oat meal, fruit, processed food, and too many other foods to list, the symptons run the gamet from cloudy thinking to disorientation, lack of energy, stomach pains, dry mouth and the list can go on and on. If I had known there was even a remote possibity of this happening I would have gladly endured the status quo for the rest of my life, rather than sign on for this living Hell! whether it was caused by the bacteria strain which is supposedly in the product or some other mechanism I cannot tell but the crap and its peddlers in my opinion should be banned from selling the stuff!

• Admin - Cynthia Perkins June 8, 2009, 1:11 am

Hi White,

I’m sorry, but I can’t advise you one way or another whether you should try it or not. That is a decision you will have to make yourself by weighing out the facts and the risks.

Best of luck.

• Elizabeth Gallagher June 12, 2009, 7:59 am

To Threelac sufferer
    I have my own story with Threelac I was ” advised” by someone who swears by it and sells it that I ” just had to accept my life wasnt going to be great for a while” so i kept on taking it more and more but I was getting iller and iller. This went on for 5 months.
    ( first 3 months on a low dose I felt a benefit)
    I eventually almost collapsed one day walking my dog, my muscles went weak.
    I spent 4 days not ill but sleeping.
    I had stopped taking it by then.
    That was 5 weeks ago.
    In the last 5 weeks I have spent every day in bed sleeping a lot.
    My joints started clicking – i was weak and floppy, headache – sore throat – swollen glands – sweaty hands feet and underarms.
    feelings of being stuffy like I wanted to sneeze.
    and legs ache a lot – my joints ache now too, no swelling just clicking aching joints. tinittus
    All coming and going through out the day
    Of course doctors says its a virus. Ive had plenty of viruses but none made my joints click and ache and none made too weak to do anything.
    I think Ive develloped M.E after yrs of living with candida and then pushing my body and weakened immune system through candida threelac die off
    I have a lot of dental work and during this threelac period i was stupid enough to have 4 silver fillings removed.
    Im sure this has added insult to injury
    I think my body and immune system has collapsed finally and I 40 and have spent the last 10 yrs at home house bound with various health issues.
    Quite frankly my life feels worthless.
    I dont have the energy or patience to keep asking experts whats wrong with me anymore.
    I was given a ray of hope with Threelac and it lifted my depression..I saw a light at the end of the tunnel for the first time in 9 yrs.
    Then my body just couldnt cope anymore.i wrote to my Adviser and said ” somethings wrong” he said i was hysterical and no one had responded so strongly to such a low dose before
    so i felt i was being a softy and was determined to fight it i cried when i stopped taking it as i felt defeated.
    he said I would never get rid of candida with anything else.
    Then i became weaker and weaker and tired.
    I just know I have pushed my already weaknened immune system into M.E or chronic fatigue – something I never had before.
    I was ill but not exhasuted, my joints didnt ache and I didnt have sweaty hands feet and underarms??

I am lost and hopeless

• Charlene June 12, 2009, 3:37 pm

Hi Cynthia, everyone and especially Elizabeth who posted this morning:

Elizabeth – I read your post and I’ve been reading everyone’s posts as they come in…..and I SO feel for you. Just PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE stop taking the Threelac, it is making you worse.

THREELAC DOES NOT WORK – it is a horrible product that makes Candida EXTEMELY worse. The only people that push Threelac are the people selling it. I will explain why.

I too, tried Threelac for about 2 weeks and like everyone else had a decent reaction to it for the first week. I even felt that “light at the end of the tunnel” feeling you mentioned. I felt like my body was cleaning itself out. Luckily for me someone gave me 1/2 leftover box so I didn’t have to waste my hard earned money on it.

The reason why people have a positive reaction to it INITIALLY is because there is alot of fiber in it, and it helps people go to the bathroom easier which basically starts the cleanout of your bowels, etc.

HOWEVER, there is ALOT of sugar and yeast in it which is HORRIBLE for Candida – in the first week that I took it, it made my somewhat bad ichy yeast infection horribly worse. The sugar and the yeast in it just feeds Candida faster than if you ate a powdered donut. I mean, it’s just basic common sense. I don’t understand how ANY company can have the audacity to say that this product will help cure candida – they are just making an incredible financial profit off of people who are so desperately ill and will try anything. That is SO wrong and I think this company should be put out of business.

Elizabeth – I don’t know your whole situation, but I also have Chronic Fatigue Immune Deficiency (cfids) and have also been dealing with it for 11 years. In your post I felt a lot of familiarity with what you are saying. I have had many days, weeks and even months when I felt my life was worthless and didn’t want to continue like this.

Please, please do these few things for yourself, if you haven’t already:

1. Start taking Oregano Oil – NOW has an inexpensive enteric coated softgel that you can purchase from iHerb. Take 2 caps. 2 times a day.

2. Go to your Gynecologist, or better an Endocrinologist and INSIST on getting your Adrenals Hormones and Thyroid levels checked. (that includes TSH, T4 and T3, Estradiol, Progesterone, DHEA and Testosterone) I srongly suggest this because I have been suffering since I was 35, my Gyno, even after I asked for it 2 years ago finally did my Hormone panel, turns out I’m EXTREMELY low on Progesterone and Testosterone which is why I have no energy or strength. Your now 40, you need to get these things checked, and don’t take NO from your doctor. Find another one if they don’t listen to you. (Trust me, I know they’re a pain to deal with.)

3. If you have muscle pain take L-Glutamine, it’s an amino acid that will help repair your muscles. Being this ill your body basically breaks itself down and uses your muscles for energy (catabolic) then you lose all you muscle strength and energy.

4. There’s another whole slew of vitamins I take also, you don’t have to try everything at once. But here’s what I use on a daily basis: Folic Acid, 800 mcg, B1 200 mg, Pantothenic Acid (B5) 1000mg, Vitamin C 2000mg, Omega Complex, Magnesium 6-800mg at night (helps with sleep) and of course Probiotics.

5. Also, stay away from all sugars, INCLUDING FRUIT! The only fruit your supposed to have in grapefruit and green apples, low sugar.

There’s a website called FibroandFatigue.com – they have a lot of info on CFS and Fibromyalgia. There’s also a lot of articles about how Thyroid and Hormone problems cause the same types of symptoms and CFS and FM. Check it out, you can also call and speak to someone.

I hope this all helps. I’ve been where you are, not too long ago either; there is hope, the Oregano oil helps alot with killing the candida in your intestines.
    The hormone replacement (bio-identical) have starting giving me my muscle strength and energy back, even in the month and half that I’ve been taking it.

Just PLEASE stop taking the Threelac.

• Elizabeth Gallagher June 12, 2009, 5:01 pm

Many thanks for your reply I am almost desperate for my recent condition to be hormonal and not ME
    I am due to go back to the docs for hormone tests but thankfully i took out private medical insurance 2 mths ago so i can and will demand a referal to a specialist and demand the tests you suggest.
    Ironically i wrote on your site when i first took threelac and “slapped your hands” for poo pooing it because at that time i felt it was working for me.
    Not now.
    I stopped taking it 5 weeks ago.
    I think, if your very ill with candida or ME or anything that supresses your immune system taking threelac is just too much for our systems to cope with.
    I still believe in the product there are too many positive experiences to dismiss but they mostly seem to be from people who have mild candida symptoms.
    My immune system has been so weak for so many yrs with one thing and another that i got to a stage or dose were the amount of candida it killed was just too toxic for me, my advisor sent me an alternative called Symbion which has the same pro biotics but none of the fillers in Threelac – the yeast – the lemon flavour – the lactose etc its just bacteria and after 10 days thats when i crashed completly so i am not sure that its the stuff in threelac that made me ill so much as the die off on a very under nurished and weak body.
    i take coloson which is fantastic it oxygenates your colon and is the only thing that has worked for my 10 yr struggle with constipation. And i was taking that whilst i was taking threelac so I was sure my colon was cleansed.
    I think all of our bodies are all different, we react to things differently much like taking anti depresants can work wonders for one person but make another feel awful.
    I wish it worked for me…was devastated when i had to admit defeat after 5 months of die off.
    You hear so much how its a good thing but not goes on for months and gets worse without any increase in dosage…that implies a build up of toxins your body cannot eliminate in my opinion.
    I know candida can throw your homones how and as such die off can do more so so maybe thats what im looking at severe hormone imbalance I pray its that simple and am reassured by your comments on how ME symptoms are very similar to hormone imbalances so i will visit that site and get the appropriate tests done and buy the vitamins you suggest.
    I am taking vit c 5mg a day
    magnesium (tons)
    b12 ( tons)
    Vit D ( as i havent seen day light for more than a second or 2 for 5 years following malignant melanoma diagnosis 5 yrs ago and I am house bound 90% of the time )
    Q10
    Iron as i was told i had low ferrous levels 3 yrs ago and never did take any iron so maybe thats an issue too?
    But only been REALLY taking these for 5 weeks so too soon to say if they’re working yet.
    Anyway I wont spam your site with my life story!

• Angela June 12, 2009, 5:23 pm

I have been reading these comments. I have to say that I am certain that ThreeLac was huge factor in my daughter havfng severe kidney failure

• Admin - Cynthia Perkins June 13, 2009, 2:31 pm

Hi Elizabeth

I’m sorry you went through such an ordeal. First of all I want to point out that Charlene, who responded to your post above is a site visitor, not a health care provider or me (Cynthia) the publisher of this blog, so although her post is helpful, keep in mind that you should do your research and do what your body tells you, not what other people tell you. What works for one person, does not always work for another, as you have learned through this experience.

There’s probably several factors going on here:

One is that it sounds like Threelac is not the product for you. You must listen to your body. Many people selling Threelac and all the other Candida products really know nothing or very little about Candida and detox.

It may be a reaction to the Threelac or your bodies inability to deal with it. Either way it isn’t working for you. If we have die off that is too severe, that is counterproductive as well. Yes, you can expect to not feel good when having die off, however if you become completely debilitated from it, either you’re having a reaction to it or your bodies detoxification system is not able to handle it and that isn’t good either. The toxins are just continuously recirculating in the body, causing symptoms.

If this happens then other steps must be taken to help the body detox and absorb the toxins, and/or the dosage needs to be cut down or stopped all together. If an antifungal is not compatible or die off is too severe, then a different one should be taken.

At this point your body may be too overloaded to even handle oregano oil. Oregano oil is very powerful, if your Candida is not resistant to it. Sounds like you need to give your body a break and allow it to detox and recover from the overload of toxins it has in it right now. If it were me I would focus on taking things like charcoal, high doses of vitamin c, bentonite clay, exercising and giving the liver a little relief. Enemas would probably be very helpful in getting rid of the toxins and may provide some immediate relief. Glutamine can be problematic for some people with Candida as well, so care should be exercised with that as well.

Always listen to your body, not what someone else tells you. And keep in mind that “natural” does not always mean that it will be free of side effects or that it is good for everyone. Each person is different biochemically, has unique needs and responds to protocols in a different way.

I encourage you to read the Candida section of my website as well as the Fibromyalgia and Chronic Fatigue (ME) section, found at the following links:

Additionally, the fact that you had your amalgams removed during this situation probably overloaded your body even more. Sounds like you’re dealing with way too many toxins. Did you have the amalgams removed by a knowledgeable provider who knew how to remove them in the correct order and follow Dr. Huggins protocol? Did they give you intravenous vitamin C? Did they give you any type of chelation? These things should have been done to help the body detox the mercury. If they weren’t removed properly, then you could have more problems. I would suggest visiting this page for more information about how to remove mercury from the body.

All these factors would throw the hormones, adrenals and thyroid off balance. These conditions often occur together and symptoms overlap. Testing should be done by a knowledgeable provider, not your standard GP or Gyno – someone who uses bioidentical hormones. I offer a simple self-administered lab test that can test your hormones, adrenals and thyroid that you can perform at home and receive the results yourself with recommendations from the lab on what’s needed to restore balance. Contact me through the Ask Cynthia page if you’re interested. If you have the testing done by another practitioner, they should use a test that tests the saliva, not your blood. Saliva is the most accurate way to test.

Your adviser is not correct. As evidenced at this post, many people have severe reactions to Threelac. People who seem to do well on Threelac are those who are not very sick. There are many other options besides Threelac. You can make a lot of improvements with symptoms with diet alone. Anytime someone tells you that you are hysterical because their protocol is not working for you, then it is time to find a new adviser. A competent adviser or health care provider knows that anything is possible and there is not a “one size fits all” protocol and will not blame the customer.

Wishing you the best.

• Charlene June 14, 2009, 2:37 pm

Cynthia –

Oh my gosh, I NEVER stated that I was a health care provider – I don’t know where that derogatory comment came from; in fact I mentioned numerous times throughout my post, the medical problems I have been going through also, which are the same as what everyone else is going through.

I thought this was a blog where we could get opinions of others, and help others going through the same medical issues we are – and not be criticized. We get enough of that already from our doctors.

I’ve read through this entire blog several times and you have not criticized anyone else. Wow, I’m shocked that you would criticize me for trying to help someone that is in a similar situation as I am.

• Elizabeth Gallagher June 14, 2009, 5:41 pm

Hello

yes my error, I responded on my iphone not from the PC so I couldnt see correctly the order of comments.

Charlene, I think Cynthia has to be careful as the website owner in claims she makes and those made on her site by other for legal reasons.
    If I followed ” said” protocol and ended up dead (God Forbid) then maybe my family could sue Cynthia because ” Elizabeth only took ABC following the advise on X site”
    Much like hosting another persons images or IP you have to make a disclaimer or as the host of the site you can end up in hot water legally.
    I think thats why Cynthia dropped that line in.

I will be sure to follow all advise and I always read up and research products. I dismissed the Threelac hysteria initially as I took it to be die off and its true that many ppl do give up after a week claiming ” it doesnt work for me”
    So i was expecting die off but it just went on too long and got too severe and I managed to work upto 2 pkts a day and that took me 4 months to get there!

Anyway, many thanks for the feed back I was not going to rush into ANY form of anti candida right now.. my immune system is in such a mess i would be petrified. I need some stabiltiy health wise for a good few months before I consider trying anymore anti candida diets and yes mercury is something I think is an issue for me/
    I have read that when die off is too server or goes on for too long heavy metal poisoning is often the cause and i have had a ton of dental work done over the 25 yrs root canals and silver filings which have been removed now.
    I personally believe my immune system broke down with over toxicity and viruses that lay dormant in our bodies re surfaced so i am having a lot of Zinc Vit C B12 Q10 and praying I can support it to fight off what ever it is I am going through, I have never been bed ridden for 5 weeks in my life.
    Many thanks once again.
    Liz

• Admin - Cynthia Perkins June 15, 2009, 9:59 am

Charlene,

I did not criticize you. It is obvious in Elizabeth’s post that Elizabeth was under the impression that “you” were “me” and that your advice was from me. I was making sure that she understood that was not the case and clarifying my position on the matter.

Stating that you are not a health care provider is not a criticism or a derogatory remark. It is stating a fact. A fact that needed clarified because there was confusion for Elizabeth. It was important that Elizabeth knew that your post was not my advice, because that is not the advice I would give.

There was no need to point this out for anyone else because nobody else gave explicit instructions telling someone else what they “should” do and nobody else was mistaken for me.

Best

• Peter June 17, 2009, 6:35 am

Hi Cynthia, I am currently taking the antibiotic levaquin for a lung infection.. my doctor gave me 5 pills to take of it. I’m always paranoid when it comes to taking medications because I know that a lot of prescription medications can be very dangerous and doctors I feel like don’t even really care about the risks associated with the medications. After doing some research I found out that it is actually a very dangerous antibiotic and I am a bit pissed off my doctor prescribed it to me, but he has been my doctor since I was a child so I guess I will trust him on this one. I know antibiotics kill good and bad bacteria, so I was wondering what you think would be a good way to get some good bacteria back in my intestinal tract after I finish this round of antibiotics, I am worried the antibiotics are going mess up my intestinal flora.

• Ann June 19, 2009, 6:07 pm

Cynthia,

I wanted to thank you for your posting of your experience with Threelac, as well as for having this blog for others to share their experiences. I didn’t discover all of the reports of negative reactions until I had already placed an order for Threelac. I decided to start using it slowly and to closely monitor how I was feeling. After one dose, I was unable to sleep that night due to my heart pounding, had an upset stomach and diarhea, felt a headache coming on, and thought I felt a lower back ache coming on, too. So, I didn’t take another dose and the product will be returned. As others have said before, though it bears repeating, this product is not safe for everyone. It’s not worth it to me to risk my health and end up with possible kidney problems and the other problems noted by others. I’ve recently learned that parasites can cause candida overgrowth, so have begun using a product called Clarksia that addresses both parasites and candida all at once. So far, have had no ill effects whatsoever with this product.

• Ann June 19, 2009, 6:12 pm

Correction – the name of the product I’m now taking for parasites and candida is Clarkia, not Clarksia.

• Admin - Cynthia Perkins June 19, 2009, 7:23 pm

Hi Peter,

Trusting that doctors in mainstream medicine will protect our health is a little like putting our life in the hands of a mass murderer. More than 100,000 people die every year from medical mistakes.

I would find an alternative medicine doctor at the Academy of Environmental Medicine or the American Holistic Medical Association.

Yes antibiotics kill both the good and bad bacteria, there is no doubt it will mess up the gastrointestinal system. They always do.

The way to restore healthy bacteria to the gut is by taking probiotics. Most knowledgeable health care providers advise people who must take an antibiotic to take the probiotics during and after the round of antibiotics, but you should check with your health care provider to make sure there are no interactions.

There are many good probiotics on the market, so you’ll have to shop around and pick one. A good probiotic should have billions of live bacteria. The bacteria should contain saccharomyces, lactobacillus acidophilus, and bifidobacteria in the billions and should also include a prebiotic like inulin, to keep the probiotics alive.

I use one that is called PB8, because it contains all the crucial components and is very affordable. You’ll find lots of overpriced companies boasting that their product is better, but there really is no need to spend an excess of money to get a decent product.

Another way to recolonize the gastrointestinal tract is with what is called a retention enema. After flushing the colon with a cleansing enema, then take a cup of water and pour the probiotic in the water. This cup of water is then inserted and it is retained, so the probiotics will flourish.

Be sure to do a little research on your probiotic and make it sure it is from a reputable company.

Best

• Admin - Cynthia Perkins June 19, 2009, 8:50 pm

Hi Ann,

You’re welcome.

Yes, it is believed by many practitioners that parasites usually accompany a Candida problem. So it may be an issue for some people, but not all. It is always advised to look into.

The product you refer to called Clarkia contains alcohol, so it may not be tolerable for people with severe Candida. Because Candida produces alcohol in the gastrointestinal tract, many people with Candida are sensitive to alcohol and/or their liver can not process it. However the three main ingredients in Clarkia are wormwood, cloves and black walnut, which are considered to be one of the most effective methods for eliminating parasites. These three ingredients can be found in a variety of other products that don’t contain alcohol, so if one wants to take them and avoid the alcohol that is quite possible. However, some people with severe Candida can’t tolerate cloves, because they are sensitive to the natural chemical composition. Everyone is different and has to monitor the way their body reacts to each method.

Best

• Teri July 20, 2009, 1:09 pm

Hi Cynthia,
    Yikes, just rec’d ThreeLac today, and found your web site. I’m NOT taking it! Hoping I can
    get my money back. However, just getting over
    Diverticulites, major antibiotics, the works, I also ordered Global Health Trax Flora Five probiotics, do you know anything about that? I appreciate your insight and information!!

• Ken July 25, 2009, 10:07 pm

Greetings,

An important issue is that if you actually have an ALLERGY to candida/yeast, then when the yeast cell wall ruptures from “candida killer” products, you will be exposed to the cytoplasm substances from inside the yeast cell. This has the ability to cause a significant allergic response, which can potentially be life threatening at its worst. I’m not sure how to prevent this, but it is important to consider before trying such a product.