Something about fall gets me in the mood to try out new things in the kitchen and I came up with this delicious cinnamon, peaches and cream recipe that I think you will enjoy as well.
- 1 bowl of organic sliced peaches (chilled)
- Primal Whipped Cream (See Primal Whipped Cream Recipe Further Below)
- 1 TBSP of chopped organic walnuts or pecans
- Couple dashes of organic cinnamon
- Add a dash or two of cinnamon to the Primal Whipped Cream after it is finished and fold it in gently. Alternatively, you can add the cinnamon at the same time you add the vanilla when you make the whipped cream.
- Sprinkle a couple dashes of cinnamon on the chilled peaches and stir them around to coat them completely.
- Sprinkle peaches with walnuts and then top the dish with the whipped cream.
You can use the Paleo whipped cream recipe found in my Strawberries & Coconut Cream recipe in place of the Primal whipped cream if you desire to make this completely Paleo, but I like this particular recipe better with the Primal version.
I have tried both pecans and walnuts and either one tastes delicious. You could try almonds or macadamias as well for variety.
This is so completely satisfying and scrumptious that you will truly feel like you are in paradise and it will also derail an intense carb craving.
Primal Whipped Cream
- 1 carton of organic full-fat heavy whipping cream (I love Organic Valley brand)
- 1 tsp of vanilla
- Several dashes of stevia
- Chill a stainless steel bowl in the freezer for a half hour.
- Pour cream in the bowl.
- Mix with mixer for about 2 minutes at high speed. Until it begins to form soft peaks.
- Fold in vanilla and stevia with a fork and mix again for another minute or so, until it forms firm peaks.
- Be careful not to mix too long. The texture begins to turn into something like cream cheese in just a minute or so after it reaches the firm peak stage.
- Serve on your favorite fruit or any other dish that calls for whipped cream.
Cream contains no carbs, so this food can be eaten by itself, or sprinkled with a few nuts, if fruit produces too many symptoms for you. Additionally, it can be eaten more freely than other dessert recipes and will also satiate many carb cravings.
The cinnamon, peaches and cream dish is very low carb, so it is another great choice for anyone trying to lose weight or dealing with Candida overgrowth, sugar addiction, compulsive overeating, insulin resistance, anxiety, depression, adrenal fatigue, or any other condition affected by sugar.
Like the Strawberries & Coconut Cream Recipe, this is also very easy to accidentally overeat and feel too full, so be careful to quit eating before you start to feel full.
Need help incorporating the Paleo diet into your life? Then you’ve come to the right place. Head on over to my coaching/counseling page and get individualized help today.